- 4 multi coloured bell peppers/capsicums
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup courgettes cut in small cubes
- 300 grams/ 10 oz black beans, boiled
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped + extra for serving
- Olive oil for cooking
- Arugula/rocket for serving
Serves: 3 – 4 persons
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
Sattvic Rating: High
- Heat oven to 350 F/200 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry the bell peppers. Cut in half lengthwise and the remove seeds. Drizzle over with olive oil and rub all over and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 F/200 C for about 20 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, drizzle in oil and add in courgette. Stir and sautee few minutes on medium heat. Add in about 3 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa plus 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Cook for about 10 minutes covered on lower heat, stirring occasionally. After 15 minutes, turn off heat and fluff with a fork, mix in spinach and let stand covered about 5 minutes.
- Once removed from heat, add in black beans, sundried tomatoes and lemon juice. Taste and season with sea salt and pepper to your liking. Stir in 1/2 of the parsley.
- Remove bell peppers from the oven. Lay a bed of arugula on a large plate and place the peppers on top. Scoop the quinoa into the bell peppers and top with extra parsley and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy.
Note: Gluten Free, Vegan